Getting to know each other- 11 volunteers introduce themselves to each other
Minna-san, Top of the morning to you!
I'm Maeve and I'm part of the Irish crew joining you all on Naoh's Ark as we set sail to Andhra Pradesh. I'm getting really excited about the trip and still don't really know what to expect. I've never been to India but have heard lots about it from other travellers and so I'm definitely preparing myself for a shock of some sorts.It's my first time for volunteer work of this kind and I feel as ready as I'll ever be to take it on!
This is my second year on JET and I've decided to make it my last, a tough choice that had to be made in January. I love Sapporo, meeting so many new friends of all nationalities, my job (most days), battling with Kanji and have especially enjoyed the great outdoors here. I am definitely at my happiest when I am outside hiking, biking, camping, snowbaording, swimming and more recently running.
I hail from mighty Meath, the next county north of Dublin . Naaaaaavan is my hometown (that's for your benefit David!), the town of crackpots. It's the type of place where you need a good sense of humour to survive so lots of Irish comedians come from Navan, Tommy Tiernan, Thomas Carolan, Hector to name a few. Pierce Brosnan is probably our most respectable claim to fame, born and bred in Navan too! I'm an aunty to two gorgeous little boys who live in London with my sister and as I am the youngest of 5, I am busy keeping up with my family half the time especially since we all love to travel.
I've always been a keen traveller and have clocking up the mileage on JET too. I've been lucky enough to visit China twice, once with my 2 friends and a backpack, and the second time as a Gaelic footballer in Shanghai (classic!). I spent my first Christmas on JET in Malaysia and had Indian for my alternative Christmas dinner there, a far cry from Mammy's stuffing and turkey but sooo delicious all the same! Before JET, I spent two summers working in the States, NY and San Fran, waitressing away and loving it. Some of my best memories of my second summer are from camping trips to Yosemite NPark. I sold my scooter at the end of 2nd year college and took off to
\n\u003cdiv\> \u003c/div\>\n\u003cdiv\>Right now, myself and Carrie are all about the fundraising with our big night on Saturday night. We will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in style here in Sapporo and our appartments are stacked to the rafters with boxes of freebies and treats for the night so hope those of you in the Sapporo area and beyond can make it for a night packed with live entertainment and some of the best Irish dancers I've ever seen!\n\u003c/div\>\n\u003cdiv\> \u003c/div\>\n\u003cdiv\>Look foward to meeting you all bery bery soon! Maeve \u003cbr\>\u003cbr\> \u003c/div\>",1]
);
//-->
S.E Aisa for 3 months of backpacking. Back home I love to horseride and have been horsing around for years and so other trips have been short jaunts in Europe with the riding team at college, mainly to cheer on riders alot better than me. I lived in Vienna for 2 months at one point too and so like to pretend I still speak some German! I love langauges but studied science in college, specialising in psychology in my fourth year. I will be striving to get onto a masters in educational pyschology forever but will keep teaching away till I do!
Right now, myself and Carrie are all about the fundraising with our big night on Saturday night. We will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in style here in Sapporo and our appartments are stacked to the rafters with boxes of freebies and treats for the night so hope those of you in the Sapporo area and beyond can make it for a night packed with live entertainment and some of the best Irish dancers I've ever seen!
Look foward to meeting you all bery bery soon! Maeve
Minna-san, Top of the morning to you!
I'm Maeve and I'm part of the Irish crew joining you all on Naoh's Ark as we set sail to Andhra Pradesh. I'm getting really excited about the trip and still don't really know what to expect. I've never been to India but have heard lots about it from other travellers and so I'm definitely preparing myself for a shock of some sorts.It's my first time for volunteer work of this kind and I feel as ready as I'll ever be to take it on!
This is my second year on JET and I've decided to make it my last, a tough choice that had to be made in January. I love Sapporo, meeting so many new friends of all nationalities, my job (most days), battling with Kanji and have especially enjoyed the great outdoors here. I am definitely at my happiest when I am outside hiking, biking, camping, snowbaording, swimming and more recently running.
I hail from mighty Meath, the next county north of Dublin . Naaaaaavan is my hometown (that's for your benefit David!), the town of crackpots. It's the type of place where you need a good sense of humour to survive so lots of Irish comedians come from Navan, Tommy Tiernan, Thomas Carolan, Hector to name a few. Pierce Brosnan is probably our most respectable claim to fame, born and bred in Navan too! I'm an aunty to two gorgeous little boys who live in London with my sister and as I am the youngest of 5, I am busy keeping up with my family half the time especially since we all love to travel.
I've always been a keen traveller and have clocking up the mileage on JET too. I've been lucky enough to visit China twice, once with my 2 friends and a backpack, and the second time as a Gaelic footballer in Shanghai (classic!). I spent my first Christmas on JET in Malaysia and had Indian for my alternative Christmas dinner there, a far cry from Mammy's stuffing and turkey but sooo delicious all the same! Before JET, I spent two summers working in the States, NY and San Fran, waitressing away and loving it. Some of my best memories of my second summer are from camping trips to Yosemite NPark. I sold my scooter at the end of 2nd year college and took off to
\n\u003cdiv\> \u003c/div\>\n\u003cdiv\>Right now, myself and Carrie are all about the fundraising with our big night on Saturday night. We will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in style here in Sapporo and our appartments are stacked to the rafters with boxes of freebies and treats for the night so hope those of you in the Sapporo area and beyond can make it for a night packed with live entertainment and some of the best Irish dancers I've ever seen!\n\u003c/div\>\n\u003cdiv\> \u003c/div\>\n\u003cdiv\>Look foward to meeting you all bery bery soon! Maeve \u003cbr\>\u003cbr\> \u003c/div\>",1]
);
//-->
S.E Aisa for 3 months of backpacking. Back home I love to horseride and have been horsing around for years and so other trips have been short jaunts in Europe with the riding team at college, mainly to cheer on riders alot better than me. I lived in Vienna for 2 months at one point too and so like to pretend I still speak some German! I love langauges but studied science in college, specialising in psychology in my fourth year. I will be striving to get onto a masters in educational pyschology forever but will keep teaching away till I do!
Right now, myself and Carrie are all about the fundraising with our big night on Saturday night. We will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in style here in Sapporo and our appartments are stacked to the rafters with boxes of freebies and treats for the night so hope those of you in the Sapporo area and beyond can make it for a night packed with live entertainment and some of the best Irish dancers I've ever seen!
Look foward to meeting you all bery bery soon! Maeve

5 Comments:
At 11:05 AM,
Anonym said…
[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]
מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אווירה כפרית, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, שירות חדרים, אינטימיות, שלווה, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]ארוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם!
לפרטים נוספים נא לפנות לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]
At 1:26 PM,
Anonym said…
Greetings www.bloggercom folks.
Are you looking to get your Blog [b]Listed on top of Bing[/b] search engine? Maybe you are looking to get more traffic? We have the ideal solution for you! We offer you an exclusive chance to experiance the knowledge of our [b][url=http://xrumer-blast.com/marketplace/xrumer-products/]Xrumer Services[/url][/b]. [url=http://www.xrumer-blast.com][img]http://xrumer-blast.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img][/url]
It is NOT trash! This is a human created post specifically created to demonstrate the power of our automated software and its potential of getting to wide variety of audience in an effective and time saving manner.
We are a group of veteran [b][url=http://xrumer-blast.com/about-xrumer-blast-com/]Internet Marketers[/url][/b] and [b]Search Engine Optimization Experts[/b] that provide [b]Affordable, High Quality, [url=http://xrumer-blast.com/marketplace/seo-products/]SEO Service[/url][/b]. Post your message on thousands of forums, message boards, blogs and journals and gain organic traffic in a matter of days! With the help of our [b][url=http://xrumerblast.livejournal.com/]Search Engine Optimization Experts[/url][/b] your [b]Bussiness URL[/b] can appear on [b]3912[/b] blogs and forums. Receive almost instant growth of your search engine position, Get thousands of quality backlinks directly to your Bussiness without lifting a finger!
Our goal is simple; we want to make you and your website on the top of every search engine so you and your family can enjoy the comfort of steady, automatic income without leaving your home. Trough our [b][url=http://xrumer-blast.com/contact-xrumer-blast-com/]SEO Expert Advice[/url][/b] you will get one of the best support seen in the industry. As part of our [b]Search Engine Optimization Services[/b], we take care of everything for you, from Optimizing your Website for search engines all through ranking your Site on the first page of your Yahoo.
For more information regarding [b]Search Engine Optimiztion[/b] and [b]Xrumer Blast Services[/b] check out [b][url=http://www.squidoo.com/xrumer-service]Xrumer Services[/url][/b]. Our site includes everything you need to order your first [b]Xrumer Blast[/b], you can create the most appropriate message (Project) to suit your Site, send us the information and after the payment clearance we will start working immediatly!
[url=http://xrumer-blast.com/marketplace/][img]http://xrumer-blast.com/wp-content/uploads/Xrumer-Blast-Logo.png[/img][/url]
At 7:46 AM,
Anonym said…
[b]Supreme Search Engine[/b]
[i]A powerful new search engine on the Net! Find information and websites on the Internet. [/i]
[url=http://www.supremesearch.net]Supreme Search Engine[/url]
[url=http://www.supremesearch.net][img]http://www.supremesearch3000.bravehost.com/Mini.jpg[/img][/url]
At 5:33 PM,
高額アルバイト said…
もうすぐ年末、何かとお金が必要な時期に朗報!!楽して稼げる高額アルバイトを紹介します。家に居ながらにして驚きの高収入を得られます。年末年始をリッチに過ごしたい人必見!
At 4:10 PM,
Anonym said…
Even after all they are easy to get, remember, amount up to 1500 pounds with payday loans. You'll wish to form a that the funds are out there on your payday loan that's less extravagant than anticipated, apparently on-time payment, your absorb will still go up. [url=http://cleverpaydayloans.co.uk]payday loans uk[/url] So, even if you need cash only for six months or lesser, at a payday loan donor and supplying Ditto copy of box office. A payday lender will give a Lucullus a cash loan offices to admit of comparison APRs and absolute interest rates you will be appraised. Apart from this, no accompanying is needed in this loan, so borrowers who do no amplitude. Although, it is there if you need it, you will want to do much. And the sizeable Caucasus and their adequate disposal is better. The Wall Streeter of fast cash payday loans is that the borrowers don’t need to concern all over the alliterating act as exhibiting acceptability Muse of history and faxing documents in Bronze Star Medal get loans to get rid of abrupt cash aggravation.
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home